Monday, July 5, 2010

Pigalle SS 2011 Collection




There are a few things I love about this show, the first being that the collection itself is fantastic. Other than the actual collection being great I love most aspects of how everything is presented in the show, specifically the music, the "runway". Both the music and the "runway" remind me of pictures I have seen, of Paris in the 1940's and 1950's, minus the Nazi paraphernalia of course. I think i like this even more after having seen "Les Vacances de M. Hulot" because, even though the film was set in a beach side area, the Pigalle show seems to portray the same time period, a time period which seems a bit more awesome than the present, stylistically speaking though, the 40's and '50s sucked quite a bit for black people.

No comments:

Post a Comment