Monday, July 5, 2010

Harry Potter > Twilight (Rant)

I am a Harry Potter fan, and when I say that I don't just mean a fan of the movies I mean that, since the first book came out in 1998, I have committed myself to the entity that is Harry Potter. So when someone comes along and tries to compare themselves to one of the greatest book series' of all times, saying that it even compares I get a bit flustered. Needless to say I am speaking of the twilight series and its fans the "twi-hards", I just get really hurt and offended when a watered down teen girls' novel, and its subsequent "movies" tries to compare itself to the behemoth that is Harry Potter. So i just have two pieces of information, specific to the film side of both previously mentioned franchises, for people to mull over. First of all, the Harry Potter Film Series has made a combined $5.4 billion, the combined James Bond movies have only made $5 billion. Second of all, according to Rotten Tomatoes the the twilight and Harry Potter films rate as follows:


Harry Potter:


  1. Sorcerer's Stone - %78
  2. Chamber of Secrets - %82
  3. Prisoner of Azkaban -%89
  4. Goblet of Fire - %88
  5. Order of The Phoenix - %77
  6. Half-Blood Prince - %83
twilight:
  1. twilight - %50
  2. new Moon - %27
  3. eclipse - %52
Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment