Monday, July 5, 2010

___ Books in a Year Challenge

While I was surfing GoodReads the other day I saw people talking about something called the 50 Books in a Year challenge. I'm not really going to explain the challenge because it's pretty self explanatory but I say that I decided to participate, though I'm going to try for more than 50 books, considering I started two days ago and have already read two books, even though the are a bit on the short side, as I'm writing this I'm actually more than halfway through the third book. The first book I read was Phillip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" which, to say the least, was fucking amazing, so I decided to just read, at least, a few more of Dick's stories. The second book I read was "Minority Report" which, although I loved the film, I thought was better than the film. Now I'm on my third book which I'll finish really soon, and I'm reading yet another Dick book, "Paycheck" which, just like "Minority Report", I'm enjoying more than the film. I think I'll read "A Scanner Darkly" next, and then, who knows?

-JollyOldDro

No comments:

Post a Comment